BULLETIN BOARD

Update (9/7/2015):
Hi there! :D Welcome to YourShoppingKaki.

Advertise here: Brand new promo!

Upcoming contests:
TBA

Launched on 1/12/2010:
New affiliate website "Pasar Night" - a reselling platform for online shoppers!


Get linked on YSK!
If you would like me to link your blogshop, please read this webpage: "LINK ME".
:) We link dozens of new blogshops about twice a month!

9/9/09: We've gone Dot Com!
Welcome to www.yourshoppingkaki.com :)
If unable to enter via .com, please access our website using www.yourshoppingkaki.blogspot.com.

Featured Stores

Events & Bazaar Announcements

Featured Stores


ZenZen DreamAdvertise with YSK

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

That newspaper girl.

Beyond colours and funky prints (even florals!), you know what I've always loved?
Words.
The unassuming beauty of the written word.
Every curve of every letter in the alphabet, every word in itself.
And how you can string them together and create meaning out of nothing. :D

And given the chance to express that love for words through what I wear ...
(and at the risk of sounding like a total and complete geek) ...
I say, bring on the newspaper dresses and tops! :D




I have one quirky top I have in my wardrobe that makes The Inner Geek in me smile. :)


This newspaper-printed shirt! :D

And where did I buy it from?



Sasha Vintage!
Where else would you get the cutest and most kitschy designs for vintage clothing? ;)


Vintage maxi dresses



Fringe, florals, prints, cropped blazers, midi pinafores!



Mod dresses, pussybow secretary blouses, lace, animal prints, even vintage cheongsams!


Q&A with Sasha
Owner of Sasha Vintage

  • YSK: Tell us the story of Sasha Vintage and the people behind it!
  • Sasha: Sasha Vintage is named after the owner (i.e. me, Sasha) but I can't get everything done smoothly without the help of my mum and my kakak~ mummy dearest always helps me sew or mend the vintage clothes if they have some minor defects, whereas my kakak is my photographer~ Sometimes my sisters help me take pictures and model the clothes too! I'm the one who is in charge of replying customers emails, models the clothes, do the packaging and post the parcels etc LOL!

Sasha at the airport, returning home from a buying trip! Whee! :D
  • YSK: Why "Sasha Vintage"? What's the reason behind the name?
  • Sasha: "Sasha Vintage" is the brainchild of mine, and I think it's easier to remember the name, and also it has a personal touch since customers are usually dealing with me directly (unless I'm outstation, then my sister would help me manage the business :P)

  • YSK: What's your one favourite item that you've ever sold on Sasha Vintage? :)
  • Sasha: Ohhh..it's hard to choose just one! because everything that is sold on SV is handpicked by me~ so i love all of them! if i really have to choose,i'd say these 2 are my favourites! I love the Electric Blue Wiggle Dress because it brings out the womanly curves in you! It's very very pretty, and I had a hard time parting with this dress! :( Awesome quality - and inspired by the Mad Men II TV Show! And I also love the Turtleneck Black 3D Applique and Lace Top because it's full-lace, it's very beautiful swirly flower applique, and is the epitome of elegance! I also spotted a blouse with similar material in Eclipse selling for hundreds, this 1 is definitely a steal!

Electric Blue Wiggle Dress RM55 | Turtleneck Black 3D Applique and Lace Top RM38
  • YSK: What would you say makes vintage shopping something special?
  • Sasha: Shopping for vintage clothing is like treasure hunt to me. When I found a rare gem I would scream in excitement! haha yes I'm very animated :P Not only are vintage clothes one-of-a-kind, they're also made with awesome workmanship! Very elaborate detailing or classic cutting could be seen in them. Mass-produced clothings really can't beat that. Furthermore, fashion is always recyclable, just like in year 2009 we can see 80's revival on runways and many high street brands like Topshop, MNG, Miss Selfridge. Now we can get them in vintage items too at fraction of the price!

Quirky snapshots from Sasha's buying trip!
  • YSK: I've heard that you have excellent customer service! :)
  • Sasha: One of the happiest things to do in Sasha Vintage is that I get to meet different kinds of customers! Many of them are really cute in person too! (We meet up when we do COD hehe..) Some of my long-term customers have also become friends with me! I believe in good customer service coupled with unique products to sell. Excellent customer service would ensure that customers keep coming back for more. I also welcome constructive criticisms or suggestions from my customers. ^.^

Sasha buying sewing supplies! Hehe!
  • YSK: What's coming up next on Sasha Vintage? :D
  • Sasha: As i just came back from an overseas buying trip, I'll be updating the shop with some very cute and kitschy brooches (think deer, goats, peacocks, leopards and more!) and also glamourous bib necklaces (with gemstones, bohemian beads, sequins etc)! Not forgetting some very glittery and attention-grabbing vintage sequinned blouses and jackets!

Sasha ... on the way back home to you, her lovely customers! :D

Customer Feedback for Sasha Vintage
Hui Xian: Hey darl..Got the top already! Really love it.. Excellent workmanship! =)
Phylicia: Dear, i've already got the clothes..Very pretty and loving it! :) Thanks so much once again yea..
Izzati: Hi sasha! Just to let u know,i've received my package.Everything is perfect.thank you so much dear.
Tka: Pretty i can tell. nice wrapping! syg nk bukak. haha
Sherliza: Hi hi got my package today. I love love love the skirt and everything else. My favourite has got to be the skirt.
Hanizah: sasha!!! love it soo much... its just what i wanted..when i twirl around it.. felt like a kid again!ahaha..wil definite take loads of photos when im wearing it..eheh.. love ur splendid service! seriously! =)


Sasha Vintage's special promotion for YSK readers
From Chapter 24 to Chapter 45, YSK readers enjoy an additional 10% off the total bill!
Password: I love Sasha Vintage
This offer expires on 31st of January 2010!

Excited? :D
Click HERE to start shopping at Sasha Vintage!


Happy Shopping!
Your Shopping Kaki :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails